Meeting called to order
1. Apologies – MH leaving after 40 mins
2, 3. Minutes of last meeting approved
4. Planning applications
1. Ashcombe house – no developments, decision pending.
2. Manor Farm
– JM notes application is withdrawn, existing issues remain
– Ongoing presence of two buisnesses on premises, with to avoid precedent of that continuing
– CW will email to enforcement officer regarding this
3. Little Pear Tree – JM notes has been refused
4. Transmitters at Larkhall Sports Club – permitted. Another similar application has been refused.
5. St Mary’s – 3 Ash trees removed – no objections
6. Four Winds Farm – “retention” of agricultural building
7. JM notes aside that there appears to be a mineral processing business running on Charmy Down. Demolition hardcore being crushed up to stockpile. Unknown what is going on here but the activity appears to be outside of the parish boundary.
- IR says enforcement / reopening of old footpath not worth expense and disruption
- Status quo likely to remain
6. Aircraft Warning Light
- IR says it’s still there, has two bulbs running
- No meaningful response from the folks running the Landsdown tower, in order to take it to the CAA and see why it’s so different
- IR just drafted a FOIA letter to CAA to try to learn how to pursue further
7. Local lane speeds
- Discussion of “quiet lane” sign or “beware, pedestrians in road” to indicate this is a country lane?
- Discussion of potential for Tadwick Lane road closure to through traffic during school run as seen in Cirencester and Milsom street
- GD: White lines on Gloucester Road – repainted but in the same place – can we try again but with a properly shifted centre line past deadmill lane to account for where people are parking already?
- GD: Should be a dotted line. Safety issue, should delineate where the centre of the road is
- TS: suggests “Oncoming Traffic In Centre Of Road” sign
- IR: Action point – write to council to get double lines taken away, ask for their comments. Point out that they repainted them last time we asked for them to be taken away
– CW will write to council
8. Future project ideas
- Trough works still to be determined
- Information board – carrying forward
- RC to liase with CW about audit etc
- RC all else on track to deal with at June meeting
- Payments authorised:
- ALCA Subscription £66.72
- C Williams Salary payment £200.00
- Certificate of Exemption and Governance audit papers were agreed and authorised.
10. School Governors
- See above re: Innox Lane
- All done via email
- Road closures on London Road due to Cleveland Bridge closure. Issues foreseen with this but largely outside our purview.
- JM resigning chair, IR to pick up for a defined period (2 years)
- IR: Proposal to send minutes to council prior to posting as draft. Does not need positive confirmation so much as a defined period for comment before they are posted.
- Carried without objection
- 7 days proposed as time period, no objection
- Possibility of holding June meeting in person? If held after the 21st it can be indoors.
- IR offers to host
- RC: Local councils association also will soon announce the return to in-person meetings
- IR: Change the date to 21st, no objections
- The June meeting will include the Annual Meeting
This will be a meeting held remotely using Zoom and a link to the meeting will be at the end of the Agenda.
SWAINSWICK PARISH COUNCIL
Notice of a Virtual Meeting of Swainswick Parish Council
to be held
on Monday 12th April 2021 at 7.30pm
- Minutes of the meeting held 8th February 2021.
- Matters Arising from above Minutes.
There are no new applications.
Ref: 20/03009/FUL Ashcombe House Tadwick Lane Swainswick Bath. Conversion of long barn into two holiday cottages. B&NES – Decision pending.
Ref: 20/03077/FUL (resulting from Ref: 19/00568/UNAUTH ) Listed Building Consent (Alts/exts) Manor Farm Buildings Manor Lane Swainswick Bath. Repairs and alterations to curtilage listed former farm buildings (part retrospective). Change of use of one building from B8 storage to B1 business use (retrospective). Swainswick PC objection submitted 29/9/2020.
Ref: 20/03391/FUL Little Pear Tree Cottage, Tadwick Lane, Tadwick. Redevelopment of previously developed garage site for an office, gym and annexe to be used in connection with Pear Tree Cottage. Swainswick PC objection submitted 7/10/2020. B&NES Development Committee 10th Feb 2020. B&NES – Decision – Refused.
Ref: 20/03255/FULLarkhall Sports Club, Charlcombe Lane, Charlcombe, Bath.Erection of a 20m high monopole supporting 3no. antennas and 2no. 0.3mm dishes above the top of the pole, the installation of 1no. equipment cabinet on new base and the installation of ancillary equipment.
Swainswick PC Objection submitted 29/09/2020. B&NES Development Committee 10th Feb 2020 – Permit
Ref: 21/00276/TCA St Mary’s Church Church Lane Swainswick Bath
Removal of 3 Ash trees. B&NES – Decision No Objection.
Other Planning Matters
Ref: 18/03829/FUL Four Winds Farm Gloucester Road Swainswick -‘retention’ of Agricultural Building. B&NES Enforcement – usage review closed 15th Feb 2021.
5. Local Footpaths
Footpath near Uplands Farm (condition reported to Public Health)
6 University Building – Aircraft Warning Light
7. Highways – Local Lane Speeds
8. Swainswick PC – Future project ideas/proposals. On hold at present.
Information Board & Trough surround – improvement
ALCA annual Fee £60.00
Clerk salary April/May £200.00 & Future payment process
Financial Status – Year End update & Audit papers for signature
10. School Governors.
11. Correspondence – all relevant previously circulated by email.
12. Any Other Business
13. Dates of next meetings:
14th June 2021 to include Annual Meeting
Note – Virtual Meeting link is below