Swainswick Parish Council

Home » Meetings, Agendas & Minutes » Minutes of Swainswick PC meeting held 12th April 2021

Minutes of Swainswick PC meeting held 12th April 2021

Meeting called to order

All present:

Ian Roberts

Jonathan Miles

Robert Shackell

Maggie Holling

Glyn Davies

Tim Stuckes

Richard Clist

Charlie Williams

1. Apologies – MH leaving after 40 mins

No spectators

2, 3. Minutes of last meeting approved

4. Planning applications

1. Ashcombe house – no developments, decision pending. 

2. Manor Farm

– JM notes application is withdrawn, existing issues remain

– Ongoing presence of two buisnesses on premises, with to avoid precedent of that continuing

– CW will email to enforcement officer regarding this

3. Little Pear Tree – JM notes has been refused

4. Transmitters at Larkhall Sports Club – permitted. Another similar application has been refused.

5. St Mary’s – 3 Ash trees removed – no objections

6. Four Winds Farm – “retention” of agricultural building

7. JM notes aside that there appears to be a mineral processing business running on Charmy Down. Demolition hardcore being crushed up to stockpile. Unknown what is going on here but the activity appears to be outside of the parish boundary.

5. Footpaths

  • IR says enforcement / reopening of old footpath not worth expense and disruption
  • Status quo likely to remain

6. Aircraft Warning Light

  • IR says it’s still there, has two bulbs running
  • No meaningful response from the folks running the Landsdown tower, in order to take it to the CAA and see why it’s so different
  • IR just drafted a FOIA letter to CAA to try to learn how to pursue further

7. Local lane speeds

  • Discussion of “quiet lane” sign or “beware, pedestrians in road” to indicate this is a country lane?
  • Discussion of potential for Tadwick Lane road closure to through traffic during school run as seen in Cirencester and Milsom street
  • GD: White lines on Gloucester Road – repainted but in the same place – can we try again but with a properly shifted centre line past deadmill lane to account for where people are parking already?
  • GD: Should be a dotted line. Safety issue, should delineate where the centre of the road is
  • TS: suggests “Oncoming Traffic In Centre Of Road” sign
  • IR: Action point – write to council to get double lines taken away, ask for their comments. Point out that they repainted them last time we asked for them to be taken away

– CW will write to council

8. Future project ideas

  • Trough works still to be determined
  • Information board – carrying forward

9. Finance

  • RC to liase with CW about audit etc
  • RC all else on track to deal with at June meeting
  • Payments authorised:
    • ALCA Subscription          £66.72
    • C Williams Salary payment £200.00
  • Certificate of Exemption and Governance audit papers were agreed and authorised.

10. School Governors

  • See above re: Innox Lane

11. Correspondence

  • All done via email
  • Road closures on London Road due to Cleveland Bridge closure. Issues foreseen with this but largely outside our purview.

12. AOB

  • JM resigning chair, IR to pick up for a defined period (2 years)
  • IR: Proposal to send minutes to council prior to posting as draft. Does not need positive confirmation so much as a defined period for comment before they are posted.
  • Carried without objection
  • 7 days proposed as time period, no objection
  • Possibility of holding June meeting in person? If held after the 21st it can be indoors.
  • IR offers to host
  • RC: Local councils association also will soon announce the return to in-person meetings
  • IR: Change the date to 21st, no objections
  • The June meeting will include the Annual Meeting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: