The Parish Council Year End Accounts for 2016/2017 can be found Swainswick Accounts Year End 2016 – 2017
Audit information will be inserted on completion by our external auditors.
The Parish Councils Year End Accounts 2015/2016 – Swainswick Accounts March 2016
The internal audited account summary is here
The external audit report is here
In reporting this the Local Government Act 1972 requires Parish Councils to make arrangements for proper financial administration. In Swainswick, the Clerk to the Parish Council is the Responsible Financial Officer and advises the council on financial management. The main responsibilities are:
- To maintain financial records and administer the Council’s finances.
- To ensure compliance with Financial Regulations and to recommend revisions where necessary.
- To prepare a draft budget for the Council’s consideration. To monitor spend against budget and, if necessary, invite the Council to review the budget.
- To prepare records for internal and external audit purposes and the exercise of electors’ rights as required by law.
- To reclaim VAT expenditure where appropriate.
- To ensure that, when appropriate, adequate PAYE systems are in place for employees and that Tax and National Insurance contributions are submitted to HMRC.
- To ensure that the Council’s insurance obligations are met.
- To maintain an asset register.
Further details can be found in the Swainswick Parish Council Finance Regs.