Swainswick Parish Council

Home » Posts tagged 'minutes'

Tag Archives: minutes

Draft Minutes of Swainswick PC meeting held 21st June 2021

Present:

Cllrs Ian Roberts, Jonathan Miles, Rob Shackell, Maggie Holling, Glyn Davies, Tim Stuckes.

Clerk: Charlie Williams.

Guest: Grant Swarbrooke, Headteacher, Swainswick Primary School.

  1. Apologies
    1. None

  2. Minutes of the meeting held 12th April 2021.
    1. Approved
  1. Election of Chair.
    1. Ian Roberts elected chair with no dissent.

  2. Matters Arising from above Minutes.
    1. None
  1. Road safety
    1. Swainswick Primary School
      1. Mr Swarbrooke presented a variety of possible approaches to making the school drop-off zone safer.
      1. There is a consensus from parents, staff and students that something should be done re: traffic
      1. Ideas included:
        1. Timed pedestrian zone outside school (dropoff and pickup). Essentially a no-stopping zone
        1. The current trial of this is working well, would like to make permament.
        1. Currently done with tape, proposal to make it paint + signs
        1. Make the temporary barrier outside the school permanent
          1. Construction fencing currently
        1. Sourcing movable signs for dropoff/pickup
        1. Possibly also speed humps around the dropoff pedestrianisation box
          1. Can take advice on specifics from road experts
          1. Possibly also speed humps further along Innox Lane
        1. Could designate Innox Lane as a quiet lane
        1. Signage warning drivers it is a school zone
      1. PC expressed support of these plans.
      1. PC suggests the potential to use cobblestones to delineate pedestrian/no parking areas from the rest of the road.
  1. Proposal for a bike / shared-use lane on Gloucester Road
    1. CW summarised as raised by Cllr Sarah Warren in response to constituent inquiry
      1. Possibly could be funded under the next Liveable Neighbourhoods
      1. School route makes funding more likely
      1. Needs to be in proposal before 5th August
    1. PC discussion centred around the existing path being allegedly quite wide already, but seriously overgrown
      1. To be investigated (CW + others?)
      1. Possibly could be made good without repaving
      1. This would be a large one-time job
      1. Essential that this is then followed up with annual maintenance to prevent the overgrowth from recurring
      1. Just doing small maintenance each year does not solve the problem
    1. CW Action point: Verify the width of the path is sufficient the entire route from Bailbrook Lane to Innox Lane
    1. CW Action point: Feed back to Cllr Warren re: findings and PC support
  1. Quiet lane signage
    1. An example sign was shown to those present and met with approval.
  1. Audit paperwork
    1. Approved
  1. Finalising accounts
    1. Included in 6 above. CW to present finance update at future meetings.
  1. Planning

21/02197/FUL – Little Pear Tree Cottage

PC has no comment on the current application

21/02177/FUL – Manor Farm Buildings

21/02178/LBA – Manor Farm Buildings

PC has already expressed objections to these applications

Other Planning Matters

None.

  1. Swainswick PC
    1. Jon Press – nominated to join PC
      1. As he is absent he will be invited to the next meeting, at which his nomination can be voted on.
      1. Must verify that there are no restrictions on maximum numbers of councillors.
      1. CW – action point, chat to Richard Clist about the rules
  1. Any Other Business
    1. Maintenance contract for the village green
      1. PC to review current maintenance contract next time it is up for renewal.
      1. IR action point – further conversations with Edward about possibilities
  1. Dates of next meetings:

(All to start at 19:30 except AGM)

13 September 2021

8 November 2021

14 Feb 2022

11 April 2022

13 June 2022 – AGM 19:00

Minutes of Swainswick PC meeting held 12th April 2021

Meeting called to order

All present:

Ian Roberts

Jonathan Miles

Robert Shackell

Maggie Holling

Glyn Davies

Tim Stuckes

Richard Clist

Charlie Williams

1. Apologies – MH leaving after 40 mins

No spectators

2, 3. Minutes of last meeting approved

4. Planning applications

1. Ashcombe house – no developments, decision pending. 

2. Manor Farm

– JM notes application is withdrawn, existing issues remain

– Ongoing presence of two buisnesses on premises, with to avoid precedent of that continuing

– CW will email to enforcement officer regarding this

3. Little Pear Tree – JM notes has been refused

4. Transmitters at Larkhall Sports Club – permitted. Another similar application has been refused.

5. St Mary’s – 3 Ash trees removed – no objections

6. Four Winds Farm – “retention” of agricultural building

7. JM notes aside that there appears to be a mineral processing business running on Charmy Down. Demolition hardcore being crushed up to stockpile. Unknown what is going on here but the activity appears to be outside of the parish boundary.

5. Footpaths

  • IR says enforcement / reopening of old footpath not worth expense and disruption
  • Status quo likely to remain

6. Aircraft Warning Light

  • IR says it’s still there, has two bulbs running
  • No meaningful response from the folks running the Landsdown tower, in order to take it to the CAA and see why it’s so different
  • IR just drafted a FOIA letter to CAA to try to learn how to pursue further

7. Local lane speeds

  • Discussion of “quiet lane” sign or “beware, pedestrians in road” to indicate this is a country lane?
  • Discussion of potential for Tadwick Lane road closure to through traffic during school run as seen in Cirencester and Milsom street
  • GD: White lines on Gloucester Road – repainted but in the same place – can we try again but with a properly shifted centre line past deadmill lane to account for where people are parking already?
  • GD: Should be a dotted line. Safety issue, should delineate where the centre of the road is
  • TS: suggests “Oncoming Traffic In Centre Of Road” sign
  • IR: Action point – write to council to get double lines taken away, ask for their comments. Point out that they repainted them last time we asked for them to be taken away

– CW will write to council

8. Future project ideas

  • Trough works still to be determined
  • Information board – carrying forward

9. Finance

  • RC to liase with CW about audit etc
  • RC all else on track to deal with at June meeting
  • Payments authorised:
    • ALCA Subscription          £66.72
    • C Williams Salary payment £200.00
  • Certificate of Exemption and Governance audit papers were agreed and authorised.

10. School Governors

  • See above re: Innox Lane

11. Correspondence

  • All done via email
  • Road closures on London Road due to Cleveland Bridge closure. Issues foreseen with this but largely outside our purview.

12. AOB

  • JM resigning chair, IR to pick up for a defined period (2 years)
  • IR: Proposal to send minutes to council prior to posting as draft. Does not need positive confirmation so much as a defined period for comment before they are posted.
  • Carried without objection
  • 7 days proposed as time period, no objection
  • Possibility of holding June meeting in person? If held after the 21st it can be indoors.
  • IR offers to host
  • RC: Local councils association also will soon announce the return to in-person meetings
  • IR: Change the date to 21st, no objections
  • The June meeting will include the Annual Meeting

Minutes of Swainswick PC meeting held 8th February 2021

SWAINSWICK PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Virtual Meeting of Swainswick Parish Council

held on Monday 8th February at 7.30pm

Present:  Cllrs Mr J Miles (Chairman): Mr I Roberts Mr T Stuckes: Mr R Shackell: M Hollings: Mr G Davies: Mr R Clist (Clerk):Mr C Williams (new Clerk) and Mr N Hyde (public)

1. Apologies
Councillor Sarah Warren (B&NES)

2. Minutes of previous meeting held on 9th November 2020.
The meeting approved these minutes and they will be recorded as such and signed later by the Chairman.

3. Matters Arising from above Minutes
There were no matters arising

4. Planning

New

Ref: 21/00276/TCA St Mary’s Church Church Lane Swainswick Bath   

Removal of 3 Ash trees. SPC No Objections, B&NES Decision – Pending

Previous Aplications

Ref: 19/05534/FUL  Larkhall Athletic Ground. Erection of 20 metre-high telecommunications mast accommodating 6 antenna apertures, 4 transmission dishes and8 ground-based equipment cabinets. Swainswick PC – Objections submitted. B&NES – Refused.

Ref: 20/03009/FUL Ashcombe House Tadwick Lane Swainswick Bath. Conversion of long barn into two holiday cottages. B&NES – Decision pending.

Ref: 20/03077/FUL (resulting from Ref: 19/00568/UNAUTH )  Listed Building Consent (Alts/exts) Manor Farm Buildings Manor Lane Swainswick Bath. Repairs and alterations to curtilage listed former farm buildings (part retrospective). Change of use of one building from B8 storage to B1 business use (retrospective). Swainswick PC objection submitted 29/9/2020. B&NES – Decision pending.

Ref: 20/03908/FUL Pitlands Farm, Gloucester Road, Swainswick. Erection of a single storey extension and alterations to roof, including conversion of loft to habitable space. Swainswick PC – No objections B&NES Decision – Permit

Ref: 20/03559/FUL Treetops Gloucester Road Swainswick 

Erection of first floor extension of the same volume of existing extensions to be demolished, and improvements to existing vehicle access and parking.

Swainswick PC – No objections B&NES Decision – Permit

Ref: 20/03391/FUL Little Pear Tree Cottage, Tadwick Lane, Tadwick. Redevelopment of previously developed garage site for an office, gym and annexe to be used in connection with Pear Tree Cottage. Swainswick PC objection submitted 7/10/2020. B&NES Development Committee 10th Feb 2020

Ref: 20/03255/FULLarkhall Sports Club, Charlcombe Lane, Charlcombe, Bath.Erection of a 20m high monopole supporting 3no. antennas and 2no. 0.3mm dishes above the top of the pole, the installation of 1no. equipment cabinet on new base and the installation of ancillary equipment.

Swainswick PC Objection submitted 29/09/2020. B&NES Development Committee 10th Feb 2020

Ref: 20/03810/FUL Agricultural Building opposite Jazira, Gloucester Road. Initially reported to enforcement and retrospective planning application submitted. B&NES Decision – Permit

Other Planning Matters

Ref: 18/03829/FUL  Four Winds Farm  Gloucester Road Swainswick -‘retention’ of Agricultural Building. Further concerns regarding possible non-agricultural usage. B&NES Enforcement investigating. This council has been challenged on its handling of this matter and its status remains unchanged until B&NES provides an update.

5. Clerk Vacancy – Status

Mr Charlie Williams has been invited to be the new clerk and he was present at this meeting. He was welcomed by all members. Small details on renumeration timings need finalising but the annual amount has been agreed at £1200 which will be subject to PAYE as now.

6 University Building – Aircraft Warning Light

I Roberts reported that specialists had visited his home to observe the light and formed the opinion that it was ridiculously bright. The matter will continue to be pursued. An outline of the history of this issue was given for the benefit of the new clerk.

7. Highways – Local Lane Speeds

There was significant debate on this issue the lanes generally seemed busier with more delivery related traffic being apparent. Vehicle movements around the school 

is viewed as increasingly dangerous to pupils and parents alike. This area needed specific actions coordinated with the school who have arranged routines for ‘drop off’ and ‘pick times’. The pandemic has also vastly increased the number of walkers in the area as many public footpaths can be reached from the location, creating further risks to public safety. G. Davies said that consideration should also be given to the Gloucester Road where more walkers were crossing it near the flyover.

Controlling speeds in the lanes in general may involve a variety of options and T Stuckes offered to consider possible solutions and report back at the April meeting.

8. Swainswick PC – Future project ideas/proposals. On hold at present.

Information Board & Trough surround – improvement.

9. Finance

The Precept requirement was agreed at £3700.00 and the clerk would submit this before the 10th February application deadline’

Payments previously authorised – The Local Look  – £66.00

Payments agreed

Clerks Salary £680.00

HMRC PAYE £170.00

Clerks annual exp. £80.00

ICO annual fee £40.00

(refund to clerk for payment made)

A spreadsheet showing a projection of the accounts for the year end 2020/2021 was circulated. Some minor adjustments are expected.

10. School Governors.

R Shackell said there was nothing to report.

12. Correspondence – all relevant previously circulated by email.

13. Any Other Business

At the beginning of this topic the Chairman notified the public that they would be excluded as a sensitive and confidential issue needed discussion. The virtual meeting facility was the terminated for them. 

A specific strategy for dealing with complaints was discussed and it was agreed that a committee made up from all members would deal with any such occurrence. 

Dates of next meetings: 

12th April 2021

14th June 2021

The meeting closed at 9.25pm